Thursday, January 18, 2024

Mrs. Warren- A Hoops Game, Popcorn, and Some Good Laughs

The building felt like it was shaking, for real. The beat could be felt in your stomach. “Bummp, bummp, Bummp, Bummp, Bummp”,  We were late and the game had already begun. Adam and I had to make a stop at the ticket window because our tickets wouldn’t download. It’s all good though. The game was only ten minutes in. 

The score lit up the board as we migrated with the rest of the fans to the stadium: 16 Uconn, 8 Georgetown. The crowd cheered and stomped their feet!  Let’s Go UCONN!  “Bummp, Bummp, Bummp, bummp, bummp”.  The positive energy was palpable. My ears started ringing and my heart pumping harder with excitement. This was a big game for the blue!

After hiking up about 30,000 concrete steps, we landed in Row F and squeezed into our stadium seats. The buzzer sounded off,  “Bizzzzz”, time out UCONN.  The players quickly gathered in their prospective huddles on the court, coaches furiously scribbled on their whiteboards, and the game camera operator perfectly zoomed in on… MEG EVANS in her superfan navy blue UCONN sweatshirt. There she was, our principal, smiling from ear to ear, clapping her hands to the beat of the Uconn Husky Fight Song!  I laughed out loud and screeched like a kid, “Heh, that’s my principal!”  The moment was fleeting as the camera quickly moved onto a cute coed holding up a MARRY ME CAM sign.  I thought to myself, this is just what I needed to beat the winter blues, an awesome competitive hoops game, salty popcorn, and a chance to just laugh out loud!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mrs. Meehan- Closing Thoughts

  Hi everyone,  Thank you for writing and reading slices throughout the month, and if you were a commenter, an extra thank you!  I’ve loved ...