Thursday, January 4, 2024

Ms. Forsberg: I Can't Find My Phone!

 

This is a recurring nightmare for me that I lose my phone.  As someone who has

been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder and who covers five to seven miles in an

elementary school building as an assistant principal, there are so many opportunities

for me to leave things behind. I have woken up from a dream in a cold sweatwondering if it could really happen that I could lose my phone at school.


Once I left my phone on top of the car and drove away. Three miles later the phone

fell off the roof of the car. I was able to find it from my computer but it was smashed

into many different pieces. Since then I have been trying to keep track of my phone.


That is until today. 


Never did I think that this would happen at school. Especially now that I have

an iWatch which you can push several buttons and it will make your phone

make noise so that you can find it. And yet I still couldn’t find my phone here at school. 


I started by tracing my steps. Unfortunately, it had been a busy morning and

I had unloaded and loaded my car full of items that I brought to school and things I

had to take home from school. I checked my car three times

in between the seats in all of the boxes, and I still couldn’t find my phone.


Then I traced all my steps inside the building storage room, several classrooms

where I did observations, and the refrigerator in the faculty room where I

put my lunch bag. And still, I could not find my phone.


Trying to limit my embarrassment, I shared it only with select folks in the

building, many of whom were very helpful and trying to help me use the technology

of my iWatch to help me find my phone.  I have learned several

new techniques on my phone.  And yet I still can't find my phone.


Not knowing what else to do, I went to the faculty meeting and made the

announcement that I couldn't find my phone and I would appreciate anyone

helping me find it. I have even offered a reward if someone wanted to turn it

in. And yet I still can't find my phone. 


The faculty was going to play dodgeball today and I was looking forward

to playing, and my mind was distracted by where I might have left my phone.

The other players took full advantage and I was out quickly. And I still can’t

find my phone. 


Now it is the end of the school day leaving me with the slim hope that my phone

is sitting at home awaiting my arrival. Soon the battery will run out and finding it

will become that much more difficult. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mrs. Meehan- Closing Thoughts

  Hi everyone,  Thank you for writing and reading slices throughout the month, and if you were a commenter, an extra thank you!  I’ve loved ...