Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Mrs. Cabell: A Box of Memories

As I carried the box upstairs, I was overcome with emotions. The task ahead was simple, yet, was one that stirred numerous feelings and memories.

I placed the box on the table and opened it. There… they all sat, a variety of sizes and shapes, plus vibrant colors made out of wood, plastic and glass.  


I reached in and pulled out the first one, a plastic bell bought with my grandmother on a trip to downtown Hartford.  Funny, how I remembered the day so clearly.  


The next one I touched was from a friend’s wedding… a simple heart with the date, 12/09/1996.  Such a happy day with my college friends. 


Seems like only yesterday.  


Then a shiny one caught my eye so I reached for it!   It was the silver angel my mom had given us!  That one always found a special place.  


The morning turned into afternoon. One item at a time brought me down memory lane. Former students? Where were they now?  And some from family and friends near and far. Where has time gone?


I continued, determined to get this done but was distracted by the need to reminisce.  At last, I had finished!


My Christmas Tree was trimmed with magical memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mrs. Meehan- Closing Thoughts

  Hi everyone,  Thank you for writing and reading slices throughout the month, and if you were a commenter, an extra thank you!  I’ve loved ...